Multimedia Account Executives
Are you changing careers, or looking to utilize your proven sales skills in a new Company or Industry??
The Bay Area News Group is hiring sales minded Multi Media Account Executives and you may be the perfect fit for the job!
What does a Multi Media Account Executive do?
- Our Account Executives work with businesses within an assigned territory to create compelling marketing recommendations designed to fit the unique needs of each organization they work with.
- By building rapport and asking the right questions, they match businesses with customized marketing solutions using a portfolio of best in class digital and print solutions designed to drive key results for the advertiser.
What Are Some Perks of the Job?
- Competitive salary
- Strong commission potential
- Paid time off, holidays and no weekends
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Health Benefits (Medical and Dental)
Key Responsibilities for Success in this role:
- Proactively prospect for new business opportunities, including identifying and qualifying prospects, and guides prospects through the sales funnel from lead generation to close within assigned territory.
- Build and manage a sales pipeline through the use of our company CRM, keeping records of interactions with customers and prospects, and uses that data to recommend new solutions to grow advertiser investment and results.
- Develop prospecting leads using a variety of sources, including digital, radio, TV and direct mail.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of our print and digital product portfolio (features, benefits, rates, etc.) and apply that knowledge to overcome customer objections.
- Articulate and demonstrate the value of our print and digital product portfolio, comparing and contrasting with competitive products, guiding customers to marketing solutions designed to achieve their objectives.
- Create marketing presentations and solution-based needs proposals tied directly to the customers stated goals, needs and challenges.
- Collaborate with colleagues and support departments to create compelling media solutions for advertisers.
- Understand and actively seek out competitive intelligence.
- Stay abreast of current trends in the media industry (including print, digital and other platforms) and uses that knowledge throughout the sales process.
- Analyze and interpret key sales metrics and develop strategies to reach sales success.
- Provide reliable forecasts and revenue projections.
- Own the entire sales and retention cycle for each campaign working in conjunction with the assigned account analyst, client services, and the ad operations team.
- Complete post-sale paperwork, including detailed insertion order instructions, which requires a strong command of our products and basic internet marketing techniques.
- Achieve required performance metrics detailed by management and perform at or above the assigned sales goals.
This position may be permanent remote. This job operates in a professional office environment and
at the Company and client sites for business meetings and presentations. This role routinely uses
standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
About the Company
We are people first. Our people are our differentiator. Together, we are reinventing an industry.
Transforming the future of media. We pride ourselves on sharing engaging stories that inform, inspire,
and connect with readers across a diverse collection of trusted local media brands. MediaNews Group
is a leader in local, multi-platform news and information, distinguished by its award-winning, original
content and high quality, diversified portfolio of local media assets. We offer local news and information
web sites and mobile apps offering rich multimedia experiences across the nation.
MediaNews Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.