Digital Sales & Account Specialist
The Chattanooga Times Free Press is looking for an experienced Digital Sales & Account Specialist to join and support our dynamic Advertising Team of sales professionals.
As a media company that has been informing and connecting Chattanooga's readers, leaders and businesses since 1869, we are well-known for the deep brand awareness we've created for our advertising clients. We offer an extensive portfolio of digital and traditional product platforms to work with, an environment of team productivity, excellent benefits and competitive salary compensation in a fun, supportive atmosphere.
The Digital Sales & Account Specialist will lead the assigned sales team in driving digital revenue growth by the following:
- Driving qualified new business digital sales
- Providing expert product knowledge to create custom campaign presentations, facilitating communication regarding the activation of all new products purchased, and pull all reporting to provide the client with expert product knowledge on the campaign strategy.
- The Digital Sales & Account Specialist will work as both a resource for new digital business opportunities and an asset for current active digital clients of the assigned sales team.
Digital Sales & Account Specialist Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive new customer acquisition directly and in partnership with team assigned sales representatives to achieve digital revenue goals.
- Retain current 12-month contracted digital clients by engaging in monthly campaign reporting meetings, finding upsell opportunities and campaign enhancements.
- Project management of all digital services/campaigns for assigned sales team.
- Actively participate with sales representatives in development of custom campaign presentations of products that work for both the client and our business.
- Maintain in-depth product knowledge and educate internal staff and customers about the products.
- Assist in leading training sessions, role playing and certification programs to grow staff product knowledge and expertise.
- Maintain partnerships with vendors in collaboration with Digital Marketing Coordinator.
- Uphold relationships with 12 month contracted clients to ensure they remain satisfied, their questions are answered, and that their needs are met.
- Participate and adhere to CRM/Teamwork communication expectations and tracking.
- Educates customer about products and tools and how to interpret reports.
- Tracks customer interaction for productivity and issue resolution reporting.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to ensure success of client’s campaign and the overall success of the assigned sales team.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities and reports to both the Digital Sales & Program Manager and the Advertising Director.
This job operates in a productive and professional office environment.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment, including computer and software programs relative to digital sales products, video projects and digital performance metrics.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; lift 5 lbs; carry 5 lbs and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Education and Experience:
- College degree or equivalent with 3-5 years experience working in a sales, customer service or sales support environment is a must.
- Experience with web applications or in a web environment a plus.
- Must have a proven track record of managing tasks from start to finish.
- Solid business and/or leadership experience in a sales environment helpful.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Passion for relationship building and selling
- Excellent organizational skills
- Results oriented
- Confident, friendly, and outgoing personality
- Customer service-oriented attitude
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues and customers
- Resilience, persistence, and a willingness to cope with rejection
- Excellent organization and time management capabilities
- Thrive as an individual and as part of a team
Must possess or be able to obtain a VALID driver’s license
Driving record must meet the requirements set in the “Personal Vehicles used for Company Business” policy. Must have and provide their own reliable transportation.
This is a safety-sensitive position.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual assigned to this position. Job results and criteria are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job. It is not intended to an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All requirements, however, are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability. Employees have the responsibility of notifying their Supervisor and Human Resources of any disability that may require their position or responsibilities to be modified.
Chattanooga Publishing Company/Chattanooga Times Free Press is an Equal Opportunity Employer.