Legal Advertising Clerk
The Chattanooga Times Free Press is seeking a Part-time Legal Advertising Clerk who can assist business customers in placing their required legal advertising.
As a media company that has been informing and connecting Chattanooga's readers, leaders and businesses since 1869, Chattanooga Times Free Press is well-known and well-received by our community of readers and businesses to satisfy their informational and advertising needs.
This position is part of the Advertising Classifieds Department, reporting to the Advertising Director. This position will work with companies or entities needing to place public notices as part of the required legal process, where notification of actions or pending actions are published to let the public be aware and know how or if they can participate in any hearing, auctions or public meetings. They are required to be published in local newspapers, which serve as an independent third-party in this legal process.
Hours & Compensation:
This is a part-time position, 20 to 29 hours weekly. Compensation will be based on experience, starting pay is $15 per hour.
Please email with interest, provide details on experience and all forms of contact information.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Customer Service - Provide prompt, courteous, and effective service to all customers and prospects and maintain a high level of contact and professional communication with all accounts. Deliver accurate rate quotes, respond immediately to customer inquiries and resolve any complaints promptly.
- Ad Sales - Help customer place legal advertising offering advice on when to run the ad, how to write the ad, cost of the ad, etc.
- Professionalism - Strive to be the best representative you can be for the Chattanooga Times Free Press/Chattanooga Publishing Company.
Other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications/Skills Required (including education and experience):
- Qualified candidates will have the ability to type a minimum of 35 WPM.
- Requires basic computer skills and basic office equipment skills (copy machine, adding machine).
- Requires a score of 60% or higher on company spelling test.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to handle multiple deadlines and projects.
- Must have excellent people skills.
Physical Activities Required:
Must be able to see, to hear and to perform repetitive motion of hands/wrists.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual assigned to this position. Job results and criteria are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability. Employees have the responsibility of notifying their Supervisor and Human Resources of any disability that may require their position or responsibilities to be modified.
Chattanooga Publishing Company/Chattanooga Times Free Press is an Equal Opportunity Employer.