Customer Support Specialist
Customer Support Specialist-Customer Service Team
IKA Works, Inc.
Job objectives / Areas of responsibility
Responsible for customer support including preparation of quotes, order entry, live chat, incoming calls, responding to emails and providing price and delivery information. Maintain a philosophy of continual improvement to increase consistency, efficiency and quality in all aspects of customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides accurate processing of customer quotations, orders and confirmations within a 24 hour turn around period in SAP
- Ensures all quote and order instructions are followed.
- Set-up new accounts.
- Provides courteous and accurate information on all incoming customer calls and emails.
- Maintains and notifies of accurate delivery information to the customer and Account Manager.
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate account manager
- Provides support to the reception desk – according to a rotating schedule.
- Completes back order reports provided or received from customers/distributors.
- Prints “back order report” weekly to update promised shipping dates. Informs customers if there are any changes.
- Issue and generate return authorizations.
- Maintains an open line of communication with all departments.
- Uses and is familiar with all available tools such as literature, web site and personnel knowledge.
- Has knowledge of IKA equipment and accessories.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Minimum B.S. or Associates Degree. Must be effective communicating via email and phone with high response rate. Strong background in Insides Sales, order entry, quote generation and customer service a plus
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to write effectively in any necessary style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management and public groups.
Ability to use basic math skills to interpret quotations, economically order supplies and generate sales reports.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Strive for teamwork on a departmental and company level. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Ability to use Microsoft based software, i.e. Outlook, MS Word and Excel. SAP a plus
Pay: $18.50 per hour.
Full Benefits include: Health & Dental insurance, paid holidays, paid vacations and other benefits