Brand + Communications Manager
The role of Brand + Communications Manager is a crucial position within our Marketing Brand + Creative Team. The individual in this role will be responsible for managing key components of our content strategy and developing cohesive narratives that align with company and brand goals, brand image/culture, and platform marketing priorities for our commercial furniture brands, JSI & KLEM. The primary objective of this position is to increase brand awareness through an omni-channel marketing strategy that combines physical and digital touchpoints to create a consistent and exceptional customer experience, ultimately leading to fervent brand loyalty.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess experience in developing digital content strategies, creating content distribution plans, and analyzing metrics to make informed decisions. While an understanding of the interiors industry is preferred, it is not a requirement. This role involves collaboration with graphic designers (and other artists), product managers, sales teams, and other cross-functional brand stakeholders to create content across various formats, such as press releases, social media posts, blog posts, case studies, sales support materials, and more. The Brand + Communications Manager will work on product launches, sales initiatives, and brand campaigns targeting the dealer and A&D communities. The work environment is fast-paced, dynamic, and highly collaborative, with a culture that prioritizes creative thinking and problem-solving while also encouraging employees to enjoy the journey.
The successful candidate for this position will play a pivotal role in driving brand awareness and customer loyalty through the development of compelling content and consistent messaging across various touchpoints.
Job Duties + Responsibilities
- Collaborate closely with the Director of Brand + Creative to support day-to-day activities, ensuring brand messaging and communication consistency across all platforms, both internally and externally, including adherence to brand voice and brand guidelines.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create, manage, and execute marketing campaigns, product launches and brand initiatives.
- Manage external agencies and partners including support of ideation and execution to create consistent customer experience, ensure project success, generate leads, and drive sales.
- Create content strategy and maintain the editorial calendar, aligning with brand messaging, marketing campaigns, and product launches.
- Research and develop content in multiple formats— includes writing/editing long and short form copy (including e-marketing, press releases, product naming, case studies, brochures, presentations, ads, website copy, social media copy, etc.)
- Manage social media accounts and create engaging content that aligns with the company's brand voice – including image, video, and graphic content.
- Plan and execute events, including trade shows, webinars, design forums, dealer/rep councils, product launches, etc.
- Develop and manage marketing budgets for project initiatives and evaluate for ROI.
- Analyze industry trends and competitors' platform strategy, selling points, and key messages to improve the brands' marketing approach by identifying opportunities for differentiation and considering new concepts and partnerships.
- Collaborate with graphic designers and help manage the design, production and trafficking of branding and marketing materials, including standard organizational materials, promotional items to support sales, and product launch campaigns.
- Occasional travel is involved in this role, particularly in connecting to the dealer and architect/interior design communities and preparing for industry tradeshows and showroom initiatives.
Skills + Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-5 years of marketing and communications experience.
- Energetic, detail-oriented self-starter with superior project management skills and the ability to think creatively, resourcefully, and strategically in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent organizational, multitasking, and time management skills.
- Clear understanding of marketing versus communications job functions with experience in marketing, social media, events, design, photography, and public relations.
- A demonstrated interest in the commercial furniture industry, interior design, and workplace culture.
- Experience in copywriting and editing for various marketing assets including brochures, emails, and blog posts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, willingness to adapt to new digital platforms, and knowledge of SEO and SEM best practices.
- Ability to prioritize, follow directions thoroughly, and work independently or collaboratively with other team members.
- Flexible, creative, and able to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines in a growing environment.
Equipment + Programs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
- Proficiency in Social Media Management platforms and analytics tools
- Proficiency with Email Marketing platforms (Mailchimp)
- Knowledge of website Content Management Systems (CMS) is a plus
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) is a plus
- Experience with 1:1 Marketing, CRM, or Loyalty Program initiatives is a plus
- Experience with AI Marketing Tools is a plus