Keytronic is a team-based, supportive environment where everyone is able to feel encouraged and supported. We provide opportunities for growth through seminars, certifications, on-the-job training, and career advancement. Our team and employees are proud of our product diversity and team environment. We are an international company where you will do something different every day in our fast-paced work environment, but we are always finding ways to create something new and be innovative.
We encourage you to apply for this position if you enjoy being challenged, working in a dynamic work setting, and being a part of a team that creates products that drive our world, while providing an innovative workplace with deep camaraderie, compelling product diversity, and resources to build your career.
Keytronic provides competitive salaries and benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, Vacation, Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement, and 401K. We also have a company provided wellness program because we care about the wellbeing of our employees inside and outside of the workplace. We organize volunteer opportunities, company activities, and all-employee meetings to show we value our employees and the community around us!
In the Program Manager position you will manage RFQ, NPI, and CPPT process for all assigned programs. Administer contracts, manage cross-functional launch teams and maintain action item lists and NPI checklists. Assess critical areas of concern and recommends steps to resolve problems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Manages multiple quotes and the Request for Quote (RFQ) process with a fundamental understanding of the customer’s business needs and our sales process. Utilizes a conceptual understanding of incremental margin, fixed/variable cost, absorption, and departmental rate determination.
- Manages, communicates and makes recommendations to improve the New Product Introduction (NPI) and Customer Produced Product Transfer (CPPT) process on assigned programs. Assesses risk, develops solutions, implements change and communicates responsibilities across organization.
- Understands roles of functional departments, targets potential areas of concern and communicates issues to upper management.
- Administers assigned contracts, communicates customer concerns, and recommends solutions.
- Assesses and adapts the company’s business model to align with the customer’s business model.
- Forms and manages cross-functional launch teams and drives regular team meetings to review progress. Generates and tracks cross-functional action item list and NPI checklist item archive.
- Maintains cash flow, program timeline, resource and milestone charts.
- Generates, maintains and publishes weekly reports on cost, quality and delivery.
- Communicates complex business and technical matters to all levels of the organization in report and action form.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- Knowledge of cost accounting and proficiency in managing to timelines
- At least five years of experience in cross-functional project management (in two or more organizations); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical publications and reports.
- Ability to clearly communicate and document communications both verbally and in written form.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from small groups of managers, engineers, clients and customers.
- Applied engineering mathematics, statistics, and business and economic analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to operate a computer and be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project for managing reports.
- Must possess a fundamental understanding of the business practice from the sales process through production.
- Knowledge of materials procurement
- Bachelor's degree in business.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The statements on this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by all incumbents, and all job descriptions are subject to change to accommodate business necessity. In support of Keytronic’s goals some incumbents may perform other duties as assigned. In addition, all Keytronic employees are expected to:
- Promote teamwork and cooperative effort
- Help train and give guidance to other Keytronic employees
- Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area
- Provide customers with the highest quality of products and service
- Understand and apply appropriate quality improvement processes
Keytronic is an EOE/M/W/VET/Disabilities employer.