Marketing Activation Specialist
Solarity Credit Union is seeking a Fulltime Marketing Activation Specialist at our North 5th Branch in Yakima Valley - WA
Do you have a passion for activating the potential in audiences that span social media, community events, and environmental marketing? This role taps into the power of marketing to increase awareness, build engagement, and create raving fans among both internal and external audiences. If you are excited by telling stories through social media, coordinating local events and sponsorships, and shepherding marketing projects from inception through to a resounding outcome, then the Marketing Activation Specialist role is for you! Join a dynamic, high-performing team of marketing professionals to activate the potential in our membership, marshal volunteers from internal staff for community events and sponsorship and beat the drum to generate attention and increase awareness of the good work that Solarity does in our community.
The Cultural Fit
- If the following Core Values resonate with who you are in your life, this might be the perfect fit for you:
- Courage: Having the fortitude to remain accountable, maintain the self-esteem of teammates and having the confidence to make decisions based on good judgment.
- Impact: Pursues meaningful results to make a positive difference, not satisfied with the status quo, and you want to constantly exceed the expectations of members and coworkers.
- Passion: You have a member-obsessed mindset and bring energy and focus to all aspects of your job. You are interested in celebrating wins of others, and constantly embrace organization initiatives and change!
A day in the life of a Marketing Activation Specialist...
- Your typical morning will start by hopping on to Zoom for a team huddle. You're excited for another day of making a difference in our members' lives. #memberobsessed
- You set aside time to work on Solarity's community engagement plan. Sponsorships like the Fresh Hop Ale Fest, The Downtown Yakima Mile, and Holiday Lights are fun events you coordinate. But they require planning to pull off without a hitch. You review notes from last year so that you can make each event a better sponsorship opportunity for the credit union.
- To prepare for the upcoming Empower Hour, you make a call to your contact at the YWCA to ask them to make a presentation during the all-employee meeting. You want to raise awareness of Solarity's partnership with the YWCA as a source of volunteerism and giving back to our community. You collaborate with the presenter to focus on make the presentation interesting for employees to listen to.
- After lunch, you review photos you took of the recent Habitat for Humanity volunteering day. There are some great shots that would make dynamic social media content. You brainstorm how to leverage the social posts to raise awareness of the good work Solarity does in the local community. You then post those same photos to Yammer, celebrating the work your fellow employees accomplished. It feels good to be part of a team.
- Your fellow Marketing Teammates are working on a campaign to promote mobile deposit to members who have never used the service. You hop on a Zoom call to collaborate on the project, adding that social media will be a great medium to increase visibility to the targeted members.
- Before wrapping up for the day, you shoot off several emails to coordinate next week's visit to each of the local branches. You want to ensure the digital display system is showing the right local messages, as well as drop off holiday signage each branch needs for an upcoming deposit promotion.
- It was a great day! You feel energized by the variety of Marketing projects you help champion. You jot a couple quick notes to bring up with the Marketing Team at tomorrow's huddle and then head home for the evening.
If you love what you have read so far and meet the requirements below, we want to hear from you!
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, or related field preferred.
- Three or more years of experience coordinating events and sponsorships required.
- Specific experience working with vendors to produce assets for marketing campaigns.
- In-depth knowledge of social platforms and tools required.
- Understanding of social media strategy and engagement practices.
- Knowledge of event planning.
What else can you expect?
- Highly competitive pay range
- A comprehensive benefits package low-cost medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage for yourself and your family with a generous employer contribution to your HSA account.
- Generous paid time off allowances plus 12 paid holidays annually.
- A substantial retirement program match of up to 6% of your annual earnings.
- An employee wellness program including EAP coverage and gym reimbursement.
- An organizational culture that is committed to your success.
- Significant opportunity for career growth.
- A Supportive leadership team.
- Excellent member service-oriented culture.
Solarity Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status. Solarity Credit Union participates in E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 509.248.1720, ext. 1520 for assistance.