People Helping People, that is what Sunmark Credit Union is all about!
Our Mortgage Leadership team is hiring!
Why join the Sunmark Squad? Sunmark is a local credit union making a big difference in our community. For 85 years, we strive to build brighter financial futures and brighter communities. We build relationships with our members and look for solutions for all their financial needs through our “Good Vibes” culture. As a team member, you will find satisfaction in your career by assisting with our members finances, volunteering through our foundation team, and career growth opportunities.
This position works onsite at our Latham, NY office. Once trained, is open to being hybrid, up to 2 days per week.
- Oversees the Mortgage and Home Equity Processors and Underwriters. Develops credibility by acting as a role model, providing leadership, and coaching staff toward appropriate behavior and job performance. Conducts performance evaluations and coaching sessions for the team. Creates and maintains a high-quality work environment where staff is motivated to perform at their highest levels. Helps to ensure staffs’ efforts are focused on achieving goals, including quality and turn time metrics.
- Ensures employees have proper training and other resources to perform their jobs. Assists in the training of system enhancements and /or Regulatory compliance changes.
- Contributes to organizational efforts to develop and execute process improvements, streamlining efforts and service enhancements by working collaboratively with the AVP of Mortgage Sales and AVP of Mortgage Operations.
- Supervises communication with the applicant and other parties, respectively, on the progress of the application and provides effective pipeline management tools. Supervises the follow up with mortgage partners to ensure timely loan closings and swift resolution of any problems.
- Responsible for any applicable second level underwriting reviews and recommendations
- Maintains knowledge of developments in compliance and management practices, as well as the changing rules and regulations pertaining to both private and government-insured mortgages.
- Supports Organizational strategy and helps manage the change process within the department.
- Works closely with the Quality Control Department to ensure compliance with Fannie Mae, FHLB, HUD, DFS and NCUA regulations in the most efficient manner.
- Assists with Application and Vendor Management.
- Works with the Vice President of Mortgage Lending to manage the Mortgage and Home Equity Budget.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of mortgage processing and/or underwriting experience. Prior leadership experience required. Must have a full understanding of secondary marketing policies and procedures with experience in Conventional, VA, USDA and FHA. Strong computer proficiency with Word, Excel & Outlook. Prior experience with Mortgage Bot preferred.
Sunmark Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.