Branch hours: Must have flexibility to work Monday-Friday, rotating Saturdays with option for time off during the week. Actual shift may vary based on branch opening/closing/balancing needs.
This position is paid hourly and eligible for bi-weekly and quarterly incentives based on sales referrals.
1. Greets and assists members with a smile, addressing them by name and thanking them for their business. Uses active listening skills to identify member needs, responds to routine inquiries and questions or directs members to appropriate staff, to ensure timely resolution of members’ needs. Acts as a member liaison, correctly informing members of credit union products, services and policies, including ways to access the credit union from a tablet or self-service kiosk (ITM). Offer all types of available account access with products and services as well as other related services.
2. Assist members with ITM usage to support Credit Union technology resources. Support member convenience with all credit union technology available.
3. Accurately processes transactions daily, including, but not limited to, all types of deposits and withdrawals. Receives loan payments, processes cash advances and transfers, redeems bonds and processes insurance payments. Processes transfers and credit card payments. Accurately balance member transactions, cash drawer and ITM’s daily inclusive of the ability to balance negotiables. Maintain acceptable balancing records with regard to shortages/overages and frequency of differences. Compiles and prepares daily work for the Accounting Department.
4. Performs vault management inclusive of verifying cash shipment under dual control balancing, settlement and cash management of the branch. Performs end of day inspection of all cash drawers to verify all negotiable items and member information is secured. Runs check scanner and ITM/ATM replenishing and balancing.
5. Exhibits strong knowledge and adherence to credit union policies and procedures, including, but not limited to, check cashing, check holds, cash limits, cash handling, trouble-shooting errors, security and foreign items.
6. Learns and is proficient in all systems and processes to be used while serving members. This includes, but is not limited to Branch Suite, X-Press Accounts, Meridian Link, Docusign and Easy Teller. Ensures that membership and loan applications are completed accurately and contain all necessary documentation. Accepts membership applications, ensuring each application reflect proper signatures and a receipt of all legal documentation pertaining to member accounts. Ensures that all member information is complete and accurate. Processes business transactions as well as opens sub accounts for consumers and businesses.
7. Ensures the branch lobby is clean, secure and maintained. Maintains and properly displays adequate supplies of marketing materials. Orders and maintains all branch supplies.
8. Opens and closes branch when assigned.
9. Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
1. High School graduate or equivalent plus a minimum of 1 year in a customer service/sales related position. Prior credit union/financial experience desirable.
2. Aptitude with figures and the ability to work well under pressure.
3. Computer proficiency.
4. Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to communicate effectively and professionally with others, including exhibiting a courteous, conscientious, and generally businesslike manner in the workplace.
5. Demonstrated ability to meet sales goals and objectives.
6. Offering excellent member service that promotes on-going ITM usage
Sunmark Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.